Saturday, February 6, 2010

When using internet my AVAST web scanner uses lot of MBs . How to control the web scanner from net uses?

As I am having only 1GB limit per month web scanner using a lot of it. Hence I want to control its uses.When using internet my AVAST web scanner uses lot of MBs . How to control the web scanner from net uses?
I think what you will find is the usage reported as being used by Avast is actually being used by other programs. Avast Web Scanner works by filtering all HTTP (port 80) connections, so if you browse a web page in Internet Explorer, it will go through the Web Scanner first, and hence appear as if the Web Scanner is consuming the bandwidth.





Try looking at what other programs could be creating network traffic, and close them all. The check how much network traffic is coming from the Web Scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment