Monday, February 8, 2010

How can I add a control to my toolbox in Visual Studio.Net 2005??

I have the dll of the control, I want to add to the toolbox and then drag and drop it to my form.How can I add a control to my toolbox in Visual Studio.Net 2005??
In the Toolbox panel choose 'My User Controls'. Right click the panel and choose add / remove items.





Once a dialogue box appears you will be asked to supply the location of the dll. Point it at the correct one using the browse button.





Done. Now the control should appear in the 'My User Controls' section of the toolbox and can be dragged on to your form.








There probably is more than one way to do this. The above is just an example of one way.How can I add a control to my toolbox in Visual Studio.Net 2005??
Dear Disco Girl,





Visual Studio 2005 has greatly improved the process of using custom controls. Instead of having to manually add controls, as you had to do in prior Visual Studio versions, Visual Studio 2005 can automatically add the control to the Toolbox for you as long as the solution contains the Web Control Library project.





Now, all you have to do is drag the control onto the Web form, and the control鈥檚 assembly is automatically added to the Web project for you. When you drag the control from the Toolbox onto the designer surface, the control adds itself to the Web page.





Thank You!
  • Scooter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment